Toddler poisoned by ‘non-toxic’ heat pack gel, overseas supplier to pay $900k

Mellare v United Pacific Industries Ltd [2014] NSWSC 1626

The baby’s mother had purchased a gel pack which she used to treat a burn to his hand in 2010.

In her momentary absence, four year old Jason Mellare bit into the skin of the pack, puncturing it and ingesting its toxic contents.

He deteriorated rapidly and was treated for kidney failure with dialysis, under a medically induced coma. As a long-term consequence, he acquired a brain injury that resulted in cognitive impairment and inability to control his emotions.

Read more…

Reproduced with the permission of Carter Capner Law

Related Posts

Recent Comments



    Discover more from David Cormack, Barrister

    Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

    Continue reading