In this issue: we look at employees’ workplace rights under the adverse action provisions of the Fair Work Act; when employers may stand down employees; the scope of an order requiring industrial action to stop; whether wearing a union t-shirt in the workplace is industrial action; the offshore reach of the Fair Work legislation; and changes in the way employers should respond to defective adverse action claims.
- Watch out for those workplace rights
- Limits on employer rights to ‘stand down’ employees
- Full Bench limits scope of order stopping industrial action
- Why wearing a union t-shirt isn’t industrial action
- Reach of the Fair Work legislation
- How to deal with defective adverse action claims